England, Scotland & Wales
Feed in Tariffs are a program that provides financial support to individuals and small scale generators of renewable power. The aim of this particular program is to increase the amount of clean energy used in the country by encouraging green power generation by individuals.
Those who are looking to benefit from the scheme will need to generate energy from renewable sources such as wind, solar and biomass.
Having realised that the high initial cost of installation is what keeps most people away from generating green energy, the government hopes to provide a financial incentive that will get more people on board the renewable energy train.
Generating power from renewable sources through the feed in tariff program comes with a long list of benefits.
- The first and most obvious benefit is the financial assistance to help with the initial cost of acquiring expensive green energy installations.
- It also provides an opportunity to earn a side income as those who have surplus power can supply it to the main grid.
- Installing and using green power makes a significant contribution towards environmental conservation. The higher the number of people using green energy, the greater the positive impact on the environment.
- It frees the economy from monopolization by those who currently supply the bulk of the energy used in the country.
- You get to save money that you are currently spending on paying for power that is supplied by energy companies.
The choice of renewable energy source depends on your location and the resources available. With the input of a renewable energy expert, you can easily identify the best green power option for you. The expert you consult will also assist you through the process of applying for financial assistance through the Feed in Tariffs program.
Further information can be found on http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/
Posted on May 20, 2014 11:14pm